A Beginner’s Guide To Delta-8 THC
Have you heard the buzz surrounding Delta-8 THC, yet not quite sure if it’s right for you? Perhaps with a brief understanding of what exactly Delta-8 THC is, along with its effects and benefits, you might recognize why D8 is an exploding favorite among hemp product enthusiasts. Here’s a mini beginner’s guide to Delta-8 to help you decide if you want to jump in and give it a try.
What is Delta-8 THC Exactly?
Delta-8 THC is a 100% legal hemp derived psychoactive cannabinoid! It’s similar to the famous psychoactive Delta-9 THC found in traditional cannabis, however it’s about 50% less potent. This is a good thing and is one of the reasons D8 is becoming so popular.
Delta-8 THC is a naturally occurring, minor cannabinoid found in very small concentrations in the hemp plant. Delta-8 THC is a degraded form of THC (Delta-9 THC), which means that it’s not produced directly by the same cannabinoid synthesizing enzymes as Delta-9 THC. Rather, Delta-9 THC converts or degrades into Delta-8 THC in the maturing plant material.
What that means is that Delta-8 THC is a less potent form of Delta-9 THC with respect to the psychoactive capabilities, although it maintains the beneficial properties of the THC cannabinoid. As a less potent form of THC, Delta-8 does not have the psychoactive ‘side effects’ that are typically associated with Delta-9 THC like paranoia or anxiety.
How Will Delta-8 THC Make Me Feel?
Delta 8 THC will deliver a psychoactive experience that varies, in some ways, depending on the individual and the potency of Delta-8 THC infused hemp flower or Delta-8 THC products. The feelings most commonly reported are:
- Deep body relaxation
- Elevated mood
- Pain relief and release
- Overall sense of peace
- Improved focus
- Improved present moment awareness
- Enhanced creativity
- Varying levels of euphoria
Delta-8 THC Hemp Flower users are encouraged to start slow with a small dose to determine what level of effects best suits their needs and desires. Also it is important to take into consideration the quality, strength of infusion and method of infusion in Delta-8 THC Hemp Flower or products. Some hemp flower infusion methods use solvents which can be left behind in the final product ( not optimal), so be sure to inquire how the flower was infused. At Organic Green Roots, we use a proprietary solventless, cold infusion method that infuses pure D8 THC into the flower mimicking the natural distribution of trichomes (oil). If you’re new to THC, it’s always best to start small and see how you feel, then increase consumption to meet your needs. Since our body and mind is different day to day, you may need to ‘feel it out’ each time to find your personal optimum experience!
The Benefits of Smoking Delta-8 THC Hemp Flower
Smoking Delta-8 THC Hemp Flower offers many benefits for health, well-being and enjoyment. Smoking or vaporizing Delta-8 Flower provides the following benefits:
- When you smoke Delta-8 THC Flower it is fast acting and delivers the psychoactive benefits in only a few minutes.
- Due to the fast acting delivery, it allows you to mini dose until you determine your optimal level of effects. After all, you might have different needs on different days, depending on your physical and mental state at the time.
- Delta-8 THC flower’s effects can last anywhere from 2 to 4 hours, which is another factor in allowing you more control over your experience.
- The full spectrum high CBD and/or CBG content of the Delta-8 hemp flower, along with minor cannabinoids, terpenes and compounds, deliver an entourage effect of boosted balance and therapeutic benefits.
- Smoking Delta-8 THC Hemp Flower provides an enjoyable, aromatic and flavorful experience that enhances the benefits of pain relief, stress release, uplifted mood and delightful psychoactive euphoria!
Organic Green Roots high quality Delta-8 THC Hemp Flower is:
- Organically grown hemp flower
- D8 THC is derived from our certified organic hemp
- Flower buds are hand trimmed
- Heavy infusion of delta-8 THC (40-60 ml/lb)
- Dusted with 48% CBG kief
- Cold infused in-house
- Solvent free infusion process
The quality of the Delta-8 Hemp Flower is an important factor in determining the quality of your euphoric experience as well as the efficacy of the benefits.
Explore the Organic Green Roots Delta-8 THC Hemp Flower options and let us know how it helped you!